Download Best Product Email Follow Up Sequence

xiv Sales Follow-Upward Electronic mail Templates to Steal for Your Next Common cold Electronic mail Campaign

An all-too-common mistake when sending sales emails (or whatever kind of outreach email) is to overlook the follow-up sequence. Sales teams put all the emphasis on sending a great initial email, while the sales follow-upwards emails go little more than a box-ticking do.

That's a huge oversight, since research has shown time and again that most sales result from a sales follow up email.

And then why then are sales reps even so:

  • Sending bad emails?
  • Timing their emails poorly (for instance, waiting also long to transport a follow-up, not waiting long enough, or beingness too persistent and sending too many emails?
  • Only not bothering to follow up at all?

If yous're guilty of any of these, y'all won't exist generating as many leads or closing as many sales as you could exist—guaranteed.

While I'm not going to talk well-nigh timing today (if yous'd like, yous can learn more almost that in our cold email masterclass), what you volition get from this article is a number of sales email follow-up templates that should make touching base with potential customers easier, while as well helping y'all send amend emails throughout the sales process.

GOOD TIL THE Terminal DRIP

Drip sequences are a great way to automate your follow-ups in Mailshake.

Templates for Sales Follow-Up Emails

Beneath are fourteen templates for sales follow-up emails from my own athenaeum and that I've picked upward from various other websites. This means others accept and may well be using them in their own follow-ups. Unless you desire to take a chance clogging up prospects' inboxes with indistinguishable emails, you lot should use these as inspiration—not gospel.

Before you send your commencement round of follow-up sales emails, take a few minutes to personalize and make your chosen template your ain. Then give information technology a quick review before shipping it.

  1. Proceed it Short and Sweet
  2. Make replying a ane-stroke task for recipients
  3. Be brutally honest
  4. Acknowledge their involvement
  5. Bear witness absolute belief in your production'due south fit for the prospect
  6. Follow up from a sales call
  7. Add value
  8. Walk away gracefully

i. Continue it short and sweet

All sales emails should be short, merely follow ups should be fifty-fifty shorter. (Yes, this includes your bailiwick lines.) However, this doesn't mean you lot have to do away with all the pleasantries. Yous can be polite, friendly, and (most importantly) human in a quick email, while respecting their decorated schedule—every bit this template goes to testify.

Case #1: Go permission to attain out later

Toolbar

Hey {{Name}},

I'chiliad reaching out because I have several ideas for how yous can bring in more leads and ultimately close more deals every month.

Would it exist okay for me to reach out side by side week to share those ideas with you?

Case #2: Give a quick compliment and add value

Toolbar

Hey {{Name}},

I saw on Twitter y'all've been sharing some crawly posts on conversion rate optimization.

Recently I spotted these two super helpful posts and just wanted to share them with yous:

{{Link 1}}
{{Link 2}}

Would also be happy to share a little about our conversion rates at Sumo if you're upward for it?

Cheers

Template from Sean Bestor at Sumo

The second case hither gives a relevant and innocent explanation of why you're reaching out, while also throwing in an piece of cake compliment. After that, it's a quick win of sharing other content that might interest prospective clients or their followers. Instead of following upwards for the sake of following up this email attempts to pivot the chat and provide value.

Finally, that sign off is a simple request that can be answered with a yes or a no. A simple formula like this works because it doesn't take much time to skim, provides immediate value, and comes off as conversational, instead of salesy. The other do good is that short emails piece of work amend on mobile devices.

2. Make replying a ane-stroke job for recipients

You've probably seen something to this result before—or I'd guess that you have, since this blazon of electronic mail pops up in my inbox pretty often. However, that's not to say you shouldn't use it yourself. This format is popular because information technology works. And it works because it makes information technology incredibly easy for prospects to respond. Simply bear in mind that if you use it, you'll need to pay extra-shut attending to how much you suit information technology.

Example #1: Hit me back with a number

Toolbar

Hi {{Name}},

I see you're as well busy to reply at the moment. Could you delight simply hit me back with a number 1-ii-3 that best describes your response?

1. Please leave me alone!
two. Too busy, email me again in a month, please.
3. I'll write you back in a week.

Template from: Piotr Zaniewicz atRight Hello

Case #2: I'g emailing once more because…

Toolbar

Hi {{Proper name}},

I constantly review business relationships in my CRM. Typically if I don't hear back from someone for 30 days, information technology means they're either actually busy or but not interested.

If y'all're not interested, please allow me know and I'll promptly close your tab in our CRM to never bother you with {{company}} sales emails again.

1 – "Sorry, I was really swamped but I'm still interested…"
0 – "Please close my tab, I'one thousand not interested…"

Template from Piotr Zaniewicz at Correct Howdy.

Instance #2 is refreshing because it shows complete transparency into the salesperson'due south process: they employ a CRM and, after so many days, circle back to gauge interest. The e-mail subject is intriguing to encourage them to open. The sales e-mail also sets expectations and gives recipients an easy out with the hope of not bothering them anymore—all with a simple keystroke of 1 or 0. Truly a win-win for sales professionals and e-mail recipients.

3. Be brutally honest

Few people look forwards to cold contact from a sales rep, merely we take it equally office of our professional lives. This follow-upwardly electronic mail template and email bailiwick recognize that. And it works thanks to its elementary, roughshod honesty. Because but because your prospect hasn't responded to your previous messages, doesn't hateful they're non interested, but it might.

Example #1: Am I bugging you still?

Toolbar

Hi {{Name}},

I detest pushy salespeople, at the same time I'd hate to remember I gave up on trying to assist y'all when all you lot needed was one slice of helpful information I'd forgotten.

Template from: Dhruv Patel at SalesHandy

four. Acknowledge their interest

Prospects know you're tracking your emails. You know that they know you're tracking your emails. So why pretend that you're not? Templates that acknowledge their interest (whether information technology'south a marketing campaign they viewed or an email they engaged with) can work because they compel prospects to ain up to the fact that they've shown interest.

Example #1: I meet you opened my email

Toolbar

Hi {{name}},

I noticed that y'all opened the email that I sent y'all on Friday and checked out our site {{your URL}}. But, I never heard dorsum from yous.

I was simply wondering if these actions hateful you're interested in learning more nearly {{your business name}} and how we can provide value to your online businesses similar to yours at {{name of the business}}.

As someone who is constantly reaching out to numerous prospects up and down {{your location}}, I wanted to follow upwardly today to see if you lot take whatever questions about {{your business name}} or any of our products. I think y'all're the perfect person to discuss {{your business proper name}} with.

Do you take 10 minutes for a brief phone call next week?

Template from: Dhruv Patel at SalesHandy

Example #two: I come across you're interested in X, would you like to chat about information technology?

Toolbar

Howdy {{Name}},

I noticed that a few people from your team were looking at our {{Specific name of product/page}} folio this week, which is well-nigh/covers/details {{Describe the page and the function of the production}}.

Practice you have 5-10 minutes to hash out what solutions you and your team are exploring? If and then, how does your agenda expect this week?

Template from Ali Colwell at Salesflare

The second example'due south content revolves effectually a trigger event. If yous're using software like Mailshake, you tin track things like email opens and clicks to links provided in the electronic mail. Since they clicked something, you know they were at least somewhat interested, so this sales follow-up electronic mail is perfect for starting that chat.

Information technology'southward a versatile template, because it could exist adapted to downloading white papers or opt-in campaigns before the clear and curtailed phone call-to-action brings it home.

MIX IT Upwards

Native and 3rd-party integrations requite you even more than power, letting you push information from your CRM and other tools into Mailshake and vice versa.

5. Testify absolute belief in your production'due south fit for the prospect

Example #one: Putting your business at risk

Toolbar

Hey {{Proper name}},

I sympathise your position, but I wouldn't follow upward with you if I didn't strongly think that {{your visitor}} tin can help {{prospect company}} solve {{challenge}} by {{product benefit #i}] and {{production benefit #2}}.

Let me know if you lot desire me to jump on a call so I tin can walk yous through what we practice.

Template from: Klenty

I've modified this email template (and email subject) slightly from the original source to work as a sales follow upwardly email later on you've been rejected. Now, it demonstrates your absolute confidence in your product or service, while simultaneously reinforcing how recipients will do good.

6. Follow up from a sales call

Following up from a sales call is a must. You don't have to be formal. Showing gratitude and giving a piffling actress detail can exist enough. The email below does exactly that. The template expresses appreciation for the coming together, then jumps correct into delivering on a promise to share actress resource. Information technology comes off as purely transactional and far from salesy—fifty-fifty though it'south still essentially a sales message.

Case #1: Here's all the goodies from our call

Toolbar

Hey {{Proper name}},

It was great meeting this afternoon.

i.) Here's a handy Business One Pager yous can print and send to anyone in the department.
2.) I've attached the full slide deck in a PowerPoint to this email.
iii.) I've as well attached the total custom SEO study on your website. Experience free to share this effectually the team.

Template from Neville Medhora at Kopywriting Kourse

Example #2: I learned and so much from our coming together

Toolbar

Hi {{Name}},

Bang-up chatting with you lot earlier and learning more than about you and your role at {{company}}.

I now sympathise the issues you're encountering with {{a pain point discussed in the meeting}} and how it can make it harder to {{whatever the pain point prevents them from doing}}.

Every bit discussed, I've attached some more information nearly our solution and how we tin can help you with {{hurting indicate}} and solve {{specific business issue}}.

Please do let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to conversation once more. If not, I look forwards to talking again on {{predetermined meeting mean solar day/time}}.

Template from Ali Colwell at Salesflare

Example #2 starts potent with polite introduction that shows gratitude. From there, it gracefully acknowledges the pain points the recipient is facing, proving that you were really listening. In that location's also a bonus line where you tin include more than reasons your solution is a perfect fit, before wrapping up with an invitation to go along the conversation. If you lot don't yet have some other meeting scheduled, change this template to include a call-to-activeness inviting them to one.

A BLENDED Arroyo

Blend phone calls, social media outreach, and general tasks with Mailshake's Sales Engagement plan.

7. Add value

Sharing wisdom, social proof, statistics, or any other kind of relevant content is always a nifty practice to deploy in sales. From your first interaction, you desire to come up off as a trusted advisor and a valuable resource—not but a salesperson waiting to close a deal. The email below shares a piece of content gracefully in a curt and curtailed format. And the email subject line is just as brief.

Example #1: Sharing a quick tip

Toolbar

Hi {{name}},

You lot likely bargain with {{business pain}}, so I thought I'd share a quick tip many of my clients have found helpful: {{ane-2 sentence actionable piece of advice}}.

I take a few more ideas around {{improving X}}. Allow me know if you're interested in hearing them.

Template from: Aja Frost at HubSpot

Case #2: Provide value after a meeting

Toolbar

Hey {{Name}},

Y'all mentioned you love trying new foods. Saw this group organizing food tours around New York. Here's one where they accept you to a few ethnic restaurants: Original Multicultural Bar Hopping Tour

Sounds like your taste buds will be pleased!

How's the project coming along btw?

Template from Art Of Emails.

Email #ii continues the conversation from the meeting, while besides adding a personal affect of value (customize it to whatsoever hobbies your recipient has shared with you). Doing so keeps the sales follow-up email short and ends the conversation on a casual, non-intrusive CTA. That way you increase your respond rates.

8. Walk away gracefully

Sometimes you've striking the stop of the road with a prospect, and it doesn't make sense to go on wasting efforts on them. Rather than merely simply giving up, it's worth throwing a "Hail Mary" email out there to run across if it'southward enough to wake them up. Arrive clear in the email subject that you lot're giving them an out if they want information technology.

Example #1: Is it time to part ways?

Toolbar

Hey {{Proper name}},

I'one thousand writing to follow up on my email and voicemail. Are you still interested in our services?

If yous still are, what do you recommend equally next steps? If non, do I have permission to close your file?

Template from Naya Tsoukala at Gmelius

Example #ii: Perhaps the timing but isn't correct

Toolbar

{{Proper name}},

I wanted to reach out to you i last time regarding {{value proposition}}.

If I don't hear back from you, I'll presume that the timing isn't right and I won't contact you again.

If I can exist of help, y'all can always reply to the bulletin and I'll be more than than happy to aid you lot.

Goodbye for now.

Template from Klenty

The 2d instance is a trivial softer and shows empathy that they might be also busy (or that the relationship isn't a nifty fit anymore). It gives respect and reiterates that you won't attain out anymore. A terminal ditch attempt closes the e-mail requesting to connect if they're still interested or will be in the future.

At that place's no rule that says the focus of a follow-up email should be the fact that you're following up. The follow-up email template above doesn't do that, and instead tries increase the response charge per unit past adding value in the form of a piece of advice the rep thinks they'll find useful.  If you swap that advice for a link to a resources, you'll achieve the aforementioned effect.

Start automating follow-ups with Mailshake

It's nearly impossible to stay on pinnacle of prospect outreach if you're trying to exercise it manually. Instead, use an outreach tool like Mailshake to make your e-mail advice scalable.

With Mailshake, you lot can:

  • Personalize electronic mail outreach with postal service merge
  • Win more replies and revenue with automated follow-ups
  • Simplify your lead workflow by catching the prospects that turn into leads
  • Integrate Mailshake with your entire tech stack

The bottom line is that following up is essential to your outreach strategy and that yous should be automating it to become the best possible results.

Conclusion

Call up, the of import thing is that you follow up. While it tin seem logical to assume that if someone hasn't replied to your previous electronic mail, they're not interested, that'southward not necessarily the case. Very few prospects say "yes" after your initial contact, but research from Iko System shows that they may very well answer to the fourth (13%)—or fifty-fifty the 6th (27%)—touch in the follow-up electronic mail sequence.

Don't give upward earlier you requite your prospects all the chances necessary to get to yeah. Create your own sales follow-up e-mail templates using these 14 equally starting points, and test them as you continue to refine your common cold e-mail campaigns.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Posted by: stephensdisawn.blogspot.com

إرسال تعليق

أحدث أقدم